As you read through Issuing Virtual Cards through a Batch File, please note the following:
- The word “Supplier” refers to the vendor
- The word “Buyer” refers to you, the customer
- The word “Subscriber” refers to any third party company that sends payments on your behalf
- Batch file payments are needed for ComdataDirect and PayForYou vendors. The process is the same whether the vendor is ComdataDirect or PayForYou.
- The file layouts in this section are used by customers that have done their own customized integration with Comdata’s systems to send batch files. If you have chosen Sterling or ConnectPay integration with Comdata, refer to the Account Setup section for more details on your layouts and process.
See the steps below for a detailed overview of the batch file payment process:
- You generate a payment request file from your ERP system that populates the standard PS00020 (PS20) format.
- Send the PS20 payment request file to Comdata through a secure FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server. Specific sign-on information and encryption keys should be provided at program implementation.
- Payment requests are typically processed within 30 minutes, but this is heavily dependent on the file’s size.
- Once processed, Comdata generates a virtual card number and emails the vendor a Remittance Advice containing the last ten digits of the card number. The first six digits should have been provided to the vendor in the Welcome Email they received upon enrollment. All 16 digits are needed for the vendor to process payments.
- A PS00021 (PS21) response file will be available on the secure FTP server after the request has been processed. This file lets you know that a virtual card was issued for your request. The PS21 contains the original PS20 fields plus the associated transaction fields appended to the end, such as card token information, card issue date and card expiration date. The end of the PS21 also contains any error messages created by bad input in the PS20.
- Once virtual card transactions are authorized and settled, an AC reconciliation file will be available on the same FTP server. These files are available on a daily basis if you elected to receive them.