1. What is Digital Wallet?
Digital Wallet offers the ability to initiate contactless, electronic transactions directly from your mobile device. By using Digital Wallet, you have the capability to integrate your card (physical, virtual, and ghost) into your device’s mobile wallet, allowing for a quicker, seamless, and smooth transaction experience.
2. How do I participate in Digital Wallet?
Contact your Comdata Relationship Manager. You will need to sign an updated Agreement/Terms & Conditions before you can activate the Digital Wallet functionality. Currently, physical and virtual cards can participate in Digital Wallet. However, if using a physical or ghost Comdata Mastercard, you must be signed up for Alerts and Notifications in order to participate.
Note: At this time, only Apple Pay is supported.
3. How do I add my card to Digital Wallet?
Use your device’s mobile wallet app (for example, Apple Pay) to add your card. Follow the steps on screen and accept the Terms and Conditions. You will need to enter the card number, expiration date and CVC2 number. Additional authentication by email or SMS text message may be required. Once added, you can use your Comdata card at Digital Wallet accepting merchants by tapping your phone at the Point of Sale.
4. Is there a charge to participate?
There is no charge to participate in Digital Wallet, but rebate adjustments may be necessary. Refer to your Terms & Conditions or reach out to your Comdata Relationship Manager for more information.
5. What if I want to stop using Digital Wallet?
We encourage you to use Digital Wallet, but if for any reason you want to stop, contact your Comdata Account Manager and they can disable this service for you. Please communicate these changes to your cardholder so they know to stop using Digital Wallet with their Comdata card.
6. Can I use Digital Wallet if I travel internationally?
Currently, Digital Wallet is only available for use with Comdata US Cards. If you travel out of the US, you will still be able to use your Comdata Mastercard through your Digital Wallet, subject to individual wallet restrictions.
7. My mobile device did not respond when presented at the point-of-sale for payment. What should I do?
Ensure that Near Field Communication (NFC) is enabled on your mobile device. This option can usually be found within your device’s Settings feature.
8. How do I add a card to Apple Pay?
Open the Settings option on your Apple device. Then, select Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap Add Card and follow the onscreen steps. If asked to add a card associated with your Apple ID, other devices, or a recently removed card, select it. Then, enter the card’s security code.
9. How do I remove a card from Apple Pay?
To remove a card from Digital Wallet, open your Wallet & Apple Pay app, tap the card, then scroll down and tap Remove This Card.
Note: Expired cards are not automatically removed from your Digital Wallet. Please remove expired cards manually.
10. My card was rejected upon attempting to add it to the Wallet. What should I do?
There are several possible reasons listed below:
A prevalent reason for physical and ghost card declines is address verification failure. The address associated with the card must match the Billing Address within the Digital Wallet.
You are not enrolled in Comdata’s Alerts & Notifications program. Contact your company admin to sign up or check your status. If your company has enabled your phone number, text IN to 57911 to officially Enroll.
Note: Standard text rates from your carrier may apply.
- The card is being added to an unapproved Digital Wallet partner. Currently, Apple Pay is the only Wallet supported.
- The Customer ID the card is associated to is not enabled for Digital Wallet.
- The card number is not entered correctly.
11. Will I receive prompting information for fuel transactions?
No. If your card is setup to prompt for an employee # or vehicle # when you swipe or dip your card, then Digital Wallet transactions will be declined. If you require fuel transactions to prompt for a specific Customer ID, do not enable Digital Wallet for those Customer IDs.
12. Will Apple Pay work with my OnRoad transactions?
Cardholders can use Apple Pay for their personal (Mastercard) OnRoad transactions. Apple Pay cannot be used for OnRoad Corporate (Comdata Proprietary) transactions.
13. How do I dispute a transaction?
You can dispute transactions either through iConnectData or by contacting your Comdata Account Manager.
14. I disposed of my phone, but forgot to delete my card from their Wallet Pay app. What should I do?
Contact your Comdata Account Manager. Also, always erase data from your phone before disposing of the device.
15. I’m still seeing transactions on my cardholder’s account from a merchant even though they deleted their card from Digital Wallet. What should they do?
Even though a card is deleted, merchants can still process any outstanding partial or recurring payments. However, new cardholder-initiated payments will not be allowed.
16. Who should I contact if I have more questions?
For other questions about using Digital Wallet, call the 1-800 number located on the back of your card or your Relationship Manager.