Sterling is a file data mapping tool that can take your payment files in .CSV or Fixed Width Text Format (.TXT) and map the data fields in the file to Comdata’s standard PS20 (payment file).
Once the mapping procedure is completed the first time, Sterling is smart enough to remember the file format of each payment file you send, as long as no changes are made on your end. On Comdata’s end, we can take our standard PS21 (response file) and AC28 (reconciliation file), and map them to a file format that meets your system requirements, if you choose to receive response and reconciliation files.
There are two file transmission options with Sterling integration: FTP client and myFileGateway. See File Transmission Options below for more information.
Requirements for Sterling Integration
In order to utilize the Comdata Sterling integration, your ERP system must have the ability to generate a payment file in .CSV or Fixed Width Text format.
If you are using an FTP client, you must also have the ability to upload and download files from an FTP server using the SFTP Protocol.
During integration, ensure that the following steps have been completed:
- Create a sample payment file from your ERP system and email it to Comdata. The sample payment file must have the required fields from the PS20 file layout and in either CSV or Fixed Width Text format. It must include at least one credit record, one payment over$1,000, invoice over $1,000, and one payment that includes multiple invoices. If you plan to use PS21 and/or AC28, you must also send these files in the format that is required by your systems.
- A Comdata TRR will map your applicable files.
- Once development is done on the mapping, a Comdata TRR will set up a certification call to run a test.
- Once certification is successful, a Comdata TRR will promote your map to production and provide the file transmission credentials.
To see a sample of the required file layouts (PS20, 21, AC28), contact your Comdata TRR.
File Transmission Options
Currently, there are two file transmission options with Sterling integration:
If you prefer using an FTP client to transfer files, Comdata can send the credentials for setting up an SFTP mailbox for sending payment files and picking up response and reconciliation files. You can use an existing client or download one, such as FileZilla. This process can be automated within your accounting software or done manually depending on your IT development resources.
MyFileGateway is a web-based interface that provides an easy, secure way to transfer and receive files from Comdata. MyFileGateway eliminates many of the challenges associated with conventional FTP exchanges.
Some key features include:
- Easy file uploads and downloads over a secure web platform
- Tracking for your file transfers through reports
- Password management and ease of use compared to conventional FTP file transfer