Through dedicated research, we found that approximately 54% of all fuel purchases could have been made at a better price. Take this scenario for example: Your drivers routinely take long trips to deliver goods to several companies out of state. Each trip requires them to fuel up at least three times. You notice that a large percentage of the company’s expenses is going toward the fuel transactions. By using FleetAdvance, you can educate your drivers on fueling at cheaper locations and save your company time and money.
You can achieve this by using two key tools offered by FleetAdvance:
- FleetAdvance Web Application: A real-time web application that provides map-based analytical views into your fuel purchasing and driver behavior through four tabs:
- Console. A fuel transaction scorecard that uses color-coded pins on a map to show where your drivers fueled and to score the cost-effectiveness of their decisions based on your company’s net price. The console also shows your total fuel spend and fuel savings for the current day.
- Customer Dashboard. Provides a rolled-up view of all fuel activity for your Comdata account.
- Opportunity Analyzer. A dynamic analytics tool that provides insight into your fuel savings opportunities and allows you to measure areas of improvement.
- Advisor. A map console that allows you to enter details for upcoming trips to receive information on the best-priced fuel stops along your planned route.
- FleetAdvance Mobile App: A mobile app designed to help your fleet drivers find the best priced fueling locations while on the road. Drivers can add their Comdata card information to the mobile app and use those details to search for fueling locations closest, including the net prices with discounts, ratings of locations, and ratings for each location.
When your drivers have their cards in hand, they can immediately access funds at any time. Note that on the company side of the card, you can limit purchases to specific products, just as you can today with traditional fuel cards. In addition, drivers can always check their balance for free on cardholder web (www.cardholder.comdata.com) or the FleetAdvance mobile app.