Some key differences include:
- The Canadian dollar is the base currency for settlement, invoices, billing, rebate payments, etc.
- Comdata’s rebate structure is not the same as with US accounts [See #7].
- Credit limits for Canadian accounts are defined at the account code (no global credit limits).
- As an added value for Canadian accounts, we perform tax filtering for GST (Goods and
Services Tax), PST (Provincial Sales Tax), and HST (Harmonized Sales Tax).
- The fuel and prompt data is limited in Canada [See #9].
- The card delivery may or may not be delayed by customs, which could add a day to shipping.
- Our capabilities in Fuel Management are limited in Canada. Please discuss options with your Comdata Customer Relations Representative before making commitments.